- Launch formal partnership with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center’s psychiatrist, nurse, and social worker team so people served who are most impacted by mental health and medical concerns will have fewer crisis care needs.
- Engage at least 5 new community partners to share information about HCDDS services and survey for support gaps.
- Strengthen partnerships with other DD providers so newly identified support gaps are addressed.
- Equip community-based pediatricians with practical resources so they identify DD needs early for all children, ask key questions about future planning, and link isolated families to social supports. Partner with existing mental health initiative embedded in pediatricians’ offices to assure active referral follow up.
- Increase, by 10%, the number of people accessing individual employment support services to help retain community employment and retool skills for the new, changing work environment.
- Train local police departments, at least quarterly, in specialized crisis support for people with developmental disabilities.
Our 2021 Annual Plan identifies goals and action steps for the year. Each goal is rooted in our Strategic Plan and represents concrete steps toward our long-term objectives.
Our 2019-2022 Strategic Plan identified five focus areas that will allow us to respond to the needs of our stakeholders and position Hamilton County DD Services for the future. You can see our Strategic Plan at strategicplan.hamiltondds.org.